Thursday, August 19, 2004

Holy $%&@! It's My First Blog!

Why Blog? Why Baseball?

At some point not too long ago, a good friend and I were discussing the plight of good/readable/unbiased baseball writing that discussed things other than stats no real baseball fan has ever heard of. Honestly, I've been following baseball since 1982. I was 6. Do I really need to know what a player's VORP is? No, nor do I give a shit what a VORP is anyway.

The final straw was when a noted ESPN columnist - I won't say his name, but it rhymes with Bob Neyer - discussed the general worthlessness of Todd Walker shortly after Walker singlehandedly carried the Red Sox through a good portion of the 2003 Postseason. Why? Because Walker's defense was so bad that blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Whatver Bob, those homers were cool.

Anyway, I don't want to read that, and neither should you. So let's make this fun. As Crash Davis once said, "Baseball is an egg. Treat it like one." Or something like that.

Now I'm gonna click "publish post" and attempt to do just that. Please bear with me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home